BETWEEN THE VINES TOUR
Our most popular day trip! Ideal for foodies and wine aficionados, this small-group tour of Nova Scotia’s pretty wine-centric destination is led by your local guide. You’ll ride in a comfortable vehicle to the Annapolis Valley to visit three award-winning wineries for touring and tasting.
First stop is Planters Ridge Winery in Port Williams with a bucolic country setting featuring a 150-year-old restored barn. Your tour here focuses on the winemaking process, from harvesting grapes to bottling wine.
Then you’ll visit the oldest established winery of the region for a private tour of the vineyard to learn how the vines are maintained. The vineyard is situated overlooking the Minas Basin where the highest tides in the world occur. A private wine tasting follows before lunch is served at Restaurant Le Caveau, one of the world’s top 20 winery restaurants!
L’Acadie Vineyards, tucked away in the charming Gaspereau Valley, is known for its organic and sparkling wines. Sample some bubbly here and learn about the vineyards’ organic farming practices.
Finally, you’ll also visit whimsical Tangled Garden for a tour of the expansive gardens and still more sampling, this time delicious chutneys, mustards, jams, jellies and liqueurs that compliment any meal.
Expert Guide: A professional and fun wine guide will transport you through the stunning Annapolis Valley, home to Nova Scotia wine country.
- Private tour of the production area and sample wines in the private barrel cellar at Planters Ridge Winery
- Private vineyard tour and sample local grape varieties of L’Acadie Blanc, Seyval Blanc, Ortega, Leon Millot and Castel at Domaine de Grand Pre
- a special “not-on-the-menu” two-course gourmet lunch at Restaurant Le Caveau (alcoholic beverages not included)
- Taste the freshness of organic wines while strolling the vineyard at L’Acadie Vineyards
- Walking tour of enchanting gardens at Tangled Garden and taste a variety of their “made on-site” herb jams, jellies and liqueurs.
- Take home your purchases in your complimentary wine tote bag
Transportation: Your tour picks up from any of the downtown Halifax hotels. Pickups in Dartmouth, Sackville and Bedford available on request.
Availability/ Tour Offered:
- Tour offered on Mondays and Wednesdays from May 2 – October 17, 2018
- Reservations required. Based on availability. Tours operate with a minimum of two people. This is our most popular tour and is limited to 8 people per tour so book well in advance to avoid disappointment!
- To book, click the Book Your Tour link below or call 1-877-365-2552. Credit card information required at time of booking.
Tours cancelled within 48 hours of tour departure are 100% non-refundable.
Price – $130/person plus HST
Tour duration – 930am – 530pm
Departures from Bedford, Dartmouth and Sackville are available on request.
Price – $110/person plus HST
Tour duration – 1030am – 430pm
Create a package and save by choosing to stay a night with one of our partners:
Package rates from $329/couple plus HST. Includes one night accommodation in room overlooking the Annapolis Valley and tour for two people. Breakfast not included.
Package rates from $359-399/couple plus HST. Includes one night accommodation, tour for two and breakfast.
The Clockmaker’s Inn, Windsor (two-night package)
Package rates from $408 – 468/couple plus HST. Includes two nights accommodation, tour for two and breakfast each morning.
In Wolfville Luxury Bed and Breakfast, Wolfville (two-night package)
Package rates from $484-519/couple plus HST, breakfast included
Nova Scotia wine awakening – “Between the Vines” Trip Advisor, Reviewed 23 July 2014
My girlfriend and I went on this tour upon hearing some good recommendations, and certainly had our expectations surpassed. Not only was the wine excellent, but we learned all sorts of interesting things about the history of the area and the industry itself. When you add the diverse trio of wineries with a great lunch and mystical Tangled Gardens to finish it off, you really have a one of a kind tour. If you’re in the area you have to check it out.
– Mike S., Toronto