Sweet and Savoury TOUR
This is the perfect tour for those short on time but want to get the very best of Nova Scotia wine!
The tour starts with an entertaining story of how the Nova Scotia wine industry came to be on our way to the first stop, L’Acadie Vineyards. This winery opened in 2008 and was the very first certified organic winery and the first producers of Traditional Method sparkling wine (the same process used in Champagnes)! You’ll learn how their sparkling wines are made as well as learning about organic grape growing practices while you taste four of their sparkling wines paired with……potato chips! Trust us, it’s the perfect pairing!
Then it’s off to Gaspereau Vineyards for a vineyard tour and wine tasting in the barrel cellar. This winery is known for its crisp and aromatic white wines including their award-winning Reisling. Learn about our regional wine called Tidal Bay and then enjoy a delicious lunch on their Vine Side Patio overlooking the vineyard.
Our final stop is one of our newest wineries, Mercator Vineyards. Housed in a historic 1800s farm house, this quaint winery boasts some of the best red wines in the area. Sit down, enjoy the view of the beautiful surroundings and try their wines paired with locally-made gourmet chocolate!
Make sure to fill up your complimentary wine tote bag along the way!
- Private vineyard tour and wine tasting of sparkling wines paired with potato chips at L’Acadie Vineyards
- Learn how sparkling wine is made at L’Acadie Vineyards
- Private tour and wine tasting at Gaspereau Vineyards
- Pizza and side salad lunch at Gaspereau Vineyards (wine not included but can be purchased)
- Wine tasting paired with gourmet chocolates at Mercator Vineyards
- Fill up your complimentary wine tote bag with your favourite wines
Transportation: Your tour picks up from any of the downtown Halifax hotels. Pickups in Dartmouth, Sackville and Bedford available on request.
Availability/ Tour Offered:
- Tour offered on some Thursdays in July and August, 2019.
- Reservations required. Based on availability. Tour is limited to 8 people per departure.
- To book, click the Book Your Tour link below or call 1-877-365-2552. Credit card information required at time of booking.
Tour duration – 10:00am-3:30pm
Tour Price – $119/person plus HST