Thirsty Thursdays TourWINE TOUR
This full day tour encompasses a little bit of everything from award-winning wine, hand-crafted beer, flavorful spirits and liqueurs as well as delicious cider. You’ll visit a charming winery, a small micro-brewery, a distillery and a cider house – all while being surrounded by the natural beauty of the Annapolis Valley. Tour includes lunch either at a winery or at a micro-brewery.
Your tour begins at charming Gaspereau Vineyards located in the heart of the Gaspereau Valley. This winery enjoys one of the warmest micro-climates in the area and has an outstanding variety of wines from whites, reds, roses and dessert wines! Enjoy a guided private vineyard tour and a wine tasting on the sunny patio overlooking the vines!
Next, you’ll visit Wayfarers’ Ales on the Wharf – one of the newest micro-breweries in the area started by a co-operative of local craft brewers. Sip on a variety of samples as you learn about the brewing process on a tour of the facility. Lunch is also included on this tour and will alternate each week between Gaspereau Vineyards or Wayfarer’s Ales.
Afterwards, visit award-winning Barreling Tide Distillery for a tour of the facility to discuss how they make their small-batch spirits followed by a tasting of vodka, gin and fruit liqueurs! Find out how to pair these products with food and get great recipes for a tasty cocktail!
Finally, you’ll stop in at Annapolis Cider Company located in the heart of Wolfville for a guided tour and tasting of 3 different ciders made from local apples. Try their Classic and Crisp and Dry ciders as well as the ever changing “Something Different” that is sure to tempt your taste buds!
Expert Guide: A professional and fun wine guide will transport you through the stunning Annapolis Valley, home to Nova Scotia wine country.
- Private vineyard tour while sampling a variety of wines at Gaspereau Vineyards
- See a behind-the-scenes look at Wayfarer’s Ale Society and a flight of their ales
- Personal pizza lunch at Gaspereau Vineyards (with glass of wine) or at Wayfarer’s Ale Society (with pint of beer). Lunch stop alternates venues each week.
- Private tour of the production area and samples of spirits and liqueurs at Barrelling Tide Distillery
- A personal tour of the cellar at Annapolis Cider Company and flight of 3 delicious ciders
- Pack your purchases in your complimentary tote bag!
Transportation: Your tour picks up from any of the downtown Halifax hotels. Pickups in Dartmouth, Sackville and Bedford available on request.
Availability/ Tour Offered:
- Tour offered on Thursdays from May 4 – September 6, 2018.
- Reservations required. Based on availability. Tours operate with a minimum of two people. This tour is limited to just 8 people per departure so book early to avoid disappointment!
- To book, click the Book Your Tour link below or call 1-877-365-2552. Credit card information required at time of booking.
Tours cancelled within 48 hours of tour departure are 100% non-refundable.
Price – $120/person plus HST
Tour duration – 1000am – 430pm
Departures from Bedford, Dartmouth and Sackville are available on request.
Price – $100/person plus HST
Tour duration – 1100am – 330pm
Create a package and save by choosing to stay a night with one of our partners:
Package rates from $309/couple plus HST. Includes one night accommodation in room overlooking the Annapolis Valley and tour for two people. Breakfast not included.
Package rates from $339-379/couple plus HST. Includes one night accommodation, tour for two and breakfast.
Laila is an exceptional guide with a wealth of knowledge – not only about wine, but about the local area, history, and current events. The Thirsty Thursday tour was a nice change from your typical vineyard tour, as the day includes visits to a vineyard, brewery, distillery, and a cidery (everything was of exceptional quality). Probably the nicest thing about this tour is the small, intimate, atmosphere. There were 6 of us (I believe there is a max of 8 people per tour) which allowed for nice conversation and the ability to get to know your fellow tour goers.
Allsion – Whitehorse, Canada