Wines and Steins TOUR
Nova Scotia’s Avon River Valley is becoming the next great place to enjoy wine and craft beer! This tour will whisk you away to this charming part of the province to discover some hidden gems!
Our first stop is one of Nova Scotia’s most unique wineries – Avondale Sky. Upon arrival, you’ll head out to the vineyard to learn about how the vines are maintained and harvested. Next, head into their tasting room which is an historic church built in 1837 for a divine wine tasting experience!
Then feel like you have been transported to Tuscany at our next stop! Bent Ridge Winery and Cucina, one of our newest wineries, is our lunch stop. Relax and enjoy one of their wood-fired pizzas paired with your choice of a flight of their wine or craft beer while being surrounded by the vineyard.
After lunch, we’ll take you to Sainte-Famille Wines for a truly hands-on experience. The winemaker will take you down to the cellar and take you through the process of how the wine is made and you can taste some wine right from the barrel! Then take part in a wine tasting in the tasting room.
Finally, it’s off to school! Not your regular school but the Schoolhouse Brewery! Enjoy a brief tour of the facility to learn the beer-making process and then taste four of their “beer with class” with names like Principal Pale Ale, Recess Pilsner and the Staffroom Stout!
Expert Guide: A professional and fun wine guide will transport you through the picturesque Avon River Valley.
- Private vineyard tour and wine tasting at Avondale Sky Winery
- A delicious wood-fired pizza lunch (variety of choices) at Bent Ridge Winery with a flight of wine or craft beer
- A private tour of the cellar and wine tasting with the winemaker at Sainte-Famille Wines
- Learn how beer is made and enjoy a flight at Schoolhouse Brewery
- Fill up your complimentary wine tote bag with wines and beer.
Transportation: Your tour picks up from any of the downtown Halifax hotels. Pickups in Dartmouth, Sackville and Bedford available on request.
Availability/ Tour Offered:
- Tour offered on Fridays in June, July and August 2019.
- Reservations required. Based on availability. Tour is limited to 8 people per departure.
- To book, click the Book Your Tour link below or call 1-877-365-2552. Credit card information required at time of booking.
Tours cancelled within 48 hours of tour departure are 100% non-refundable.
Price – $139/person plus HST
Tour duration – 10am – 530pm
Departures from Bedford, Dartmouth and Sackville are available on request.
Price – $129/person plus HST
Tour duration – 1045am – 430pm
Create a package by staying two nights at the Clockmaker’s Inn in Windsor!
Rufus Curry, Windsor or Cunard Rooms – $456 plus HST
Queen Victoria Room – $496 plus HST
Fundy or Haliburton Suite – $516 plus HST
Prices include two night stay with breakfast each morning and the tour for two people.
Our first full day in Halifax, Nova Scotia, was spent in the company of our tour guide and others wishing to enjoy some Nova Scotia wine and beer! The scenery en route was eye watering and the wineries and the brewery were very welcoming with the samples! It was a lovely start to our holiday and if ever we are in Nova Scotia again we would hope to do the Between the Vines Tour at least.